MMM: SPELL (Canada) + SPEED QUEEN (Belgium) 15-3 Tilburg

Hier kan je alles kwijt over concerten en festivals.
Plaats reactie
MMMania

MMM: SPELL (Canada) + SPEED QUEEN (Belgium) 15-3 Tilburg

Bericht door MMMania » wo mar 07, 2018 12:31 am

MMM Presents: SPELL (Canada) + SPEED QUEEN (Belgium)

TICKETSALE:
https://shop.ikbenaanwezig.nl/tickets/e ... ed-queen-b

SPELL (Canada):
Spell, a power-trio comprising Cam Mesmer (lead vocals/bass) Graham McVie (guitars/backing vocals) and Lester Spectre (drums/backing vocals) started out life as Stryker (not to be confused with Striker, the other Canadian metal band who released records on Napalm Records), playing ‘80s-inspired and thrash-damaged metal, before they made the decision to change their moniker to better reflect the more oracular style that was evolving in splendid isolation in British Columbia. “I like the mysterious sort of mood that the name 'Spell' sets” explains Cam. “So much of this world is focused on elucidating, deciphering, explaining the world around us. That's too analytical and pedantic for me. I believe there is just as much value in mystifying, shrouding, cyphering. The only real truth is one you arrive at yourself, so it won't help if I tell you what to think. Take what you want from it. I'd like Spell to be a force in that direction.”
Looming into the darker quarters of the consciousness like some gloriously nightmarish analgam of the mystical ambience of the ‘70s and the jagged attack of the ‘80s, For None And All makes no secrets of the classics that have informed its feverish drive, yet Mesmer insists that the band see themselves as a contemporary beast. “Although obviously we love 70's bands and idealize a time when rock 'n roll could be loud and weird and unique and experimental without being so self-conscious, we don't consider ourselves to be a throwback or pastiche act in any way” Indeed, whilst the discerning listener will be able to hear traces of the mystical aura of Blue Öyster Cult and the seductive contortions of King Crimson and Rush on For None And All, and also the malevolent and righteous bravura that Judas Priest and Scorpions made manifest throughout the ages, what Spell excel in more so is a suspension of disbelief that transforms these infectious psychodramas and tales of the supernatural into a turbulent and tempestuous psychic shockwave that raises pulse-rates as easily as it haunts the dreams.
“If there's a horror element to our sound, it's because the world is a horrifying (and wonderful) place” reckons Mesmer. “We all struggle to find ways to nail down some meaning or rationalization to explain why we're here suffering, but I don't really believe in this. Existing is terrifying – be terrified, and love that terror.” Make no mistake, this is a band with a formidable grasp on their chosen metier, and their self-styled ‘hypnotising heavy metal - as chronicled on For None And All - is a delirious and life-affirming elixir indeed.
Influences: Scorpions, Thin Lizzy, Accept, Judas Priest, Fleetwood Mac, Dokken, Tank, Janis Joplin

SPEED QUEEN (Belgium):
Speed Queen from Belgium plays high speed, energetic, bitchin' heavy metal. Call it whatever you want: 80's revival, new wave of Belgian heavy metal or just straight up rock 'n roll...our amps go to eleven!
So grab your leather jacket and put on your sister's jeans, that's heavy metal if you know what I mean!...Currently taking on Europe with gigs in Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands, Switserland, Italy, France,... and more coming up! Already crushed stages with Evil Invaders, Blizzen, Iron Curtain, Ambush, Hitten, Ostrogoth, Exumer, Space Chaser and many more!

Place; Little Devil, Stationsstraat 27, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Date: Thursday 15 March 2018
Doors: 19:00
Entrance; € 5,--

TICKETSALE:
https://shop.ikbenaanwezig.nl/tickets/e ... ed-queen-b

www.mariosmetalmania.com
www.littledevil.nl

Plaats reactie