MMM: Leatherwolf (USA) 28 april, Little Devil, Tilburg

Hier kan je alles kwijt over concerten en festivals.
Plaats reactie
MMMania

MMM: Leatherwolf (USA) 28 april, Little Devil, Tilburg

Bericht door MMMania » ma dec 31, 2018 12:25 am

MMM Presents: LEATHERWOLF (USA)

Tickets: https://shop.ikbenaanwezig.nl/tickets/e ... erwolf-usa

LEATHERWOLF (USA): Long before British metal legends Iron Maiden picked up on the concept, a pack of hungry Huntington Beach, CA-based teenagers, collectively known as LEATHERWOLF, pioneered and perfected the heavy metal Triple Axe Attack – documented via a trifecta of critically acclaimed and much loved ’80s scorchers. The eponymous debut EP, expanded to a full-length LP, entitled ‘Endangered Species’ for international release, and a pair of stunning albums for Island Records, ‘Leatherwolf’ and ‘Street Ready’ (yielding the MTV videos ‘The Calling’ and ‘Hideaway’, respectively), saw the band flying the flag of decidedly European-styled metal amidst a sea of formulaic L.A. contemporaries. After a lengthy self-imposed break, the band’s classic line-up resurfaced in 1999 with a storming live album, ‘Wide Open’, underscoring LEATHERWOLF’s enduring appeal among metal enthusiasts. The band also made a triumphant return to Europe by special invitation with a one-off gig at the prestigious Wacken Festival in Germany. Regrouping in 2006, LEATHERWOLF emerged with a new line-up, fronted by former Crimson Glory vocalist Wade Black, to once again turn the metal world on its ear with ‘World Asylum’, the band’s heaviest effort to date. Fusing familiar lupine trademarks with a modern-day edge, commanding vocals, and ten-ton hammer sonics, courtesy of Danish studio whiz Jacob Hansen who was brought in for the mix. ‘World Asylum’ earned top marks in major publications such as Rock Hard and Aardschok and LEATHERWOLF played a much celebrated gig at the Bang Your Head!!! Festival alongside In Flames, Foreigner, Helloween and others (documented on the BYH 2006 double DVD). Closer to home, the band also helped kick off the festivities with a blistering set at ProgPower VII in Atlanta, North America’s premier indie heavy metal event. Coming full circle in 2007, LEATHERWOLF were once again kicking out the jams in classic formation, with a returning Michael Olivieri leading the charge. The band completed a whirlwind fall tour of Europe, which included a headline appearance at the 9th edition of Germany’s Keep It True Festival, and issued a re-worked version of their acclaimed 2006 comeback disc, titled ‘New World Asylum’, with Olivieri on vocals. Closer to home, the band shared the bill with Anthrax, Saxon, Metal Church and others at the third annual Rocklahoma festival in 2009. By 2013, LEATHERWOLF had settled on a rejuvenated line-up consisting of original members Michael Olivieri and Dean Roberts, long-time friend and bassist Patrick Guyton, and the guitar duo of Rob Math and Greg Erba, which made its mark with the ‘Unchained Live!’ album, a 10-song assault of classic LEATHERWOLF, mixed by Roy Z whose credits include Judas Priest, Bruce Dickinson, and Helloween. 2015 saw the band bring down the house with the likes of Queensryche, Jake E Lee’s Dragon Cartel and Great White, rock the boat aboard the Monsters of Rock cruise, and enthrall European fans with a much celebrated gig at Keep It True in Germany. Returning to Germany once again, LEATHERWOLF delivered a memorable set at 2016’s Bang Your Head!!! Festival. In the summer of 2017, the band made their first UK live appearances in some 28 years, with young virtuoso Luke Man now completing the three-pronged guitar assault.More than three decades into their career, LEATHERWOLF continue to be one of the premier purveyors of American metal, playing to enthusiastic crowds wherever they unleash their vaunted Triple Axe Attack.

Tickets: https://shop.ikbenaanwezig.nl/tickets/e ... erwolf-usa

Place; Little Devil, Stationsstraat 27, Tilburg, The Netherlands

Date: Sunday 28 April 2019

Doors: 20:00

Entrance; € 15,-

http://www.mariosmetalmania.com
http://www.littledevil.nl

MMMania

Re: MMM: Leatherwolf (USA) 28 april, Little Devil, Tilburg

Bericht door MMMania » do jan 31, 2019 10:44 pm

!!! CANCELLED !!!!

According singer Michael Olivieri:
Hi Mario
Very sorry about the Leatherwolf ordeal. It was out of my hands. I wanted a piece of the name and Dean replaced me behind my back with no word.
If you ever want me and former members of leatherwolf. The same lineup that we toured with last year minus the drummer Dean. We will be happy to come out and play all the leatherwolf classics.
Again sorry for the mixup, it was out of my hands

Plaats reactie