Iced Earth

Jouw band, andere bands .. alles kun je hier kwijt
Gesloten
Took
Contacteer:

Bericht door Took » wo mar 28, 2007 10:41 am

goh, het zal 's een keer niet zoiets zijn he :D
http://www.metalfan.nl
yowannuzz schreef: Took is de man, de alpha en de omega.

Dragonforce

Bericht door Dragonforce » wo mar 28, 2007 10:46 am

It's the curse of the wicked. :lol:
It's the end of time

Thaumaturgy

Bericht door Thaumaturgy » wo mar 28, 2007 10:49 am

Hehe, Jim Morris en Howard Helm zijn eigenlijk de enige constante medewerkers van Jon.

Iron Maiden

Bericht door Iron Maiden » wo mar 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Zullen ze op For komen? als ze Heaven and Hell supporten?

Djaser

Bericht door Djaser » wo mar 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Tokus schreef:goh, het zal 's een keer niet zoiets zijn he :D
Op hoeveel gitaristen zitten we nu voor dit nog uit te komen album?
[img]http://www.jamba.nl/storage/view/upload/logo/image_multianimscreensaver/SweetyHeul5.gif[/img]

Dragonforce

Bericht door Dragonforce » wo mar 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Iron Maiden schreef:Zullen ze op For komen? als ze Heaven and Hell supporten?
Nee, ze supporten Black Sabbath op de UK toer in september. Tijdens FOR zijn ze wrs nog bezig met het album of gitaristen aan het zoeken.
It's the end of time

Joris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Joris » wo mar 28, 2007 4:24 pm

was niet van plan om nog een single van ze te kopen. Maar stiekem ben ik wel zeeeer benieuwd naar de nieuwe versie van de wicked trilogie. Alsook natuurlijk naar het nieuwe nummer.

Ik zal er nog even over twijfelen, of ik het schijfje met die paar nummers gaan aanschaffen.

Van de aanschaf van hun vorige single (the reckoning, dacht ik), heb ik ook spijt, want die ligt ook maar een beetje weg te rotten, sinds ik het hele glorious burden in bezit heb (en dat was meteen toen die uitkwam).

singles kunnen me nou eenmaal niet langer dan een week boeien.

Took
Contacteer:

Bericht door Took » wo mar 28, 2007 4:30 pm

Dragonforce schreef:[..]
Nee, ze supporten Black Sabbath op de UK toer in september. Tijdens FOR zijn ze wrs nog bezig met het album of gitaristen aan het zoeken.
november, zelfs.

Iron Maiden

Bericht door Iron Maiden » wo mar 28, 2007 7:03 pm

Dragonforce schreef:[..]
Maar ze staan wel op Wacken, Sweden Rock en Rock Wave...dat zijn toch ook drie festivals in die periode...en anders hoop ik dat ze aan het eind van het jaar komen..

Dragonforce

Bericht door Dragonforce » wo mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm

Iron Maiden schreef:[..]

Maar ze staan wel op Wacken, Sweden Rock en Rock Wave...dat zijn toch ook drie festivals in die periode...en anders hoop ik dat ze aan het eind van het jaar komen..
Dat zijn dan ook grote festivals, maar wie weet.
It's the end of time

Damien, son of Lucifer

Bericht door Damien, son of Lucifer » vr mar 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Djaser schreef:[..]

Op hoeveel gitaristen zitten we nu voor dit nog uit te komen album?
Wat je zegt; het begint een beetje op Guns 'n Roses te lijken.

Hoewel Jon dan weer niet die tic van Axl heeft; dat hij gelijk op de 'delete'-knop drukt en alles wat desbetreffende persoon heeft opgenomen wegflikkert.
[b]DAUDR!![/b]

arnibes
Contacteer:

Bericht door arnibes » vr mar 30, 2007 11:09 pm

Metallist schreef:Gewoon Barlow terug naar het front slepen.
En z'n haar laten groeien

Dragonforce

Bericht door Dragonforce » zo apr 08, 2007 11:27 am

Artwork voor "Overture Of The Wicked":

Afbeelding

release datum: 4 juni

http://icedearth.com/
It's the end of time

Joris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Joris » zo apr 08, 2007 11:30 am

ziet er wel weer erg gaaf uit

Metalheank

Bericht door Metalheank » zo apr 08, 2007 11:35 am

Nooo, the attack of the Travis Smith-clones!!

Jammer, maar toch wel een leuk hoesje.
twitter.com/MiddeleeuwsBouw
Vuige automuziek playlist: http://open.spotify.com/playlist/4Rsy2e ... TROREETjMA

Iron Maiden

Bericht door Iron Maiden » zo apr 08, 2007 6:44 pm

Ziet er inderdaad wel gaaf uit..

Damien, son of Lucifer

Bericht door Damien, son of Lucifer » zo apr 08, 2007 9:37 pm

Nou is de vraag of het ook gaaf klinkt. Is er reeds een leak? :P
[b]DAUDR!![/b]

Rene

Bericht door Rene » zo apr 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Ik ben best benieuwd naar de opnieuw opgenomen versie van de Something Wicked-trilogie. Dat zijn een stel geweldige nummers, gezongen door een geweldige zanger. Want het enige verschil zal de zang zijn. Want verder is de originele versie van de trilogie een stuk muziek waar niks aan te veranderen valt.

Trouwens, die support voor Heaven & Hell in de UK hebben ze goed gedaan!
[i]I have to say l was immensely proud of Maiden. Their heads never dropped, instead they went on the offensive[/i]

Eru Iluvatar

Bericht door Eru Iluvatar » zo apr 08, 2007 11:49 pm

Was die suportslot anders niet naar Anthrax gegaan trouwens?

Rene

Bericht door Rene » zo apr 08, 2007 11:54 pm

Nee, dat was het geval in Canada.
[i]I have to say l was immensely proud of Maiden. Their heads never dropped, instead they went on the offensive[/i]

Iron Maiden

Bericht door Iron Maiden » di apr 10, 2007 8:25 pm

De hele website van Iced Earth is verandert, een hele verbetering

Metalheank

Bericht door Metalheank » za apr 14, 2007 1:07 am

Late 1april-grap of echt: Matt Barlow zit bij Pyramaze (ik zit hier met mijn kaak op mijn toetsenbord), van myspace:
13 apr 2007, 15:05
Onderwerp Matt Barlow has came back to be a Metal singer!!!!!!!!!
Bodytekst: The new edition of the magazine Rock German Hard, made an interview with Matthew recently Barlow (former-vocalist of the Iced Earth), and in this interview it was confirmed that Matthew Barlow is coming back to the metal, as vocalista of band PYRAMAZE.

Many years if had passed since that Matthew Barlow left the Iced Earth and Matthew never in showed its point of view to them. For Rock Hard it made an exception. Optimum E is: it is not only speaking of new, but also singing! Surprising total, it joined itself to the Danish group of prog-metal Pyramaze.

I entered in contact with Matthew ace 7 of the morning. in Delaware, where it deferred payment now with its wife and its son of one year and way of age and working as policeman. Matthew is very calm and chooses the words sabiamente.

ROCK HARD: Matthew, the one that point you, for the first time, had the feeling of that being the vocal one of the Iced Earth it was not what you wanted for its future?

MATTHEW: Iced Earth was not the problem. Not even the 11 of September was the reason for my decision, but a signal, the “drop d´água”. It was at a time where I thought about what making with my life. I find that all have a period of training in the life where they think about everything. At this time I had 31 years, I was married, but he did not have financial security. The years in the Iced Earth had been excellent. The turnês and the experiences with the fans perpetual go to be a positive memory. But it did not have firmness in the career with the Iced Earth, I really I did not have financial security, because I never had a parallel project, as the Jon, where I could make money. I had a long colloquy with my brother, who also work as policeman, and I I was certain that to become me a police age what I wanted. All that knows me can say, this is not so improper pra me. I never infringed the law, I not even I was fined by speed excess. I was never imprisoned. Others, that knew only the side cabeludo rock musician mine, perhaps had not understood. But the majority of the metal fans is very respectful. The only crime of them either to perhaps smoke one established one.
It was at the time to sign the contract for “The Glorious Burden”, when I hesitated and counted the Jon as I imagined my future. This contract would more moor me to the Iced Earth per many years. Jon and I decide that I would make the vocal ones of the “The Glorious Burden” and I would make turnê with the band, there later I I would leave. When the vocal ones had been ready, Jon one more time talked with me, and said that she was not happy with my work. Moreover, Tim Owens had left the Judas Priest and I perceived quickly what the Jon had determined with Tim.
Six months later I was for the policy academy. To leave the Iced Earth was very emotive, because Jon and I had passed for many together things. It was not easy for none of us.

ROCK HARD: It seems then that it did not have much colloquy between you and Jon. He himself finished not very saying legal things, as for example that you never if it strengtove 100% for the Iced Earth.

MATTHEW: I am certain of that it said this soon after the separation, when we are with the very strong emotions. I do not blame it. Since then in them we find some times and he does not have nothing of bad between people. I until talked with Tim Owens some times. It loves being in the Iced Earth, I love my I work, and all are happy.

ROCK HARD: As policeman, you it has a well dangerous work. How it was the reaction of its wife with its decision?

MATTHEW: Ah yes, it was worried. Especially when I was in the patrol. But we policemen well are trained. Beyond, my area is not so dangerous, exactly having places that are better you to prevent. I am not running behind criminals the time all, I I try to help the people. It is clearly that, if necessary, I would enter in one fight, but for most important me is to help the young in my area and to give they a perspective.
With certainty it has moments where I feel homesickness to be in palco, because he does not have place some where you he can feel as much adrenalin. But what I more feel lack is of being creative. It was therefore that I was interested myself in the invitation of Michael, of the PYRAMAZE. It wants to record music of high quality, but on the other hand, he does not want to be in turnê for months. I had many offers of bands, but I do not want to be in turnê for an eternity. Some festivals and shows in clubs are perfect and I can keep my job.

He also had a small interview with Michael Kammeyer of the Pyramaze in the magazine. They confer below:

ROCK HARD: Michael, as you obtained that a new and almost unknown band obtained a singer as Matthew Barlow, who already had given up the musical career?

MICHAEL: , We have some experience with American musicians well, because our tecladista lode of U.S.A., and vocal the previous one also was of there. I admit: the idea of Matthew to enter in the Pyramaze was absurd. But later that I fired Lance (former-vocalista), I had time to think regarding the substitute. My favourite person or thing in absolute was Matthew Barlow, because I am a great fan of Iced Earth, since whom vi the band in the Wacken festival. E I knew that Matthew I had a job, as well as the remaining portion of the Pyramaze, and that it does not want to know of turnês long. Then I decided to call it, because I did not have nothing to lose. The maximum that would happen was it to say not.

ROCK HARD: But vocal the previous one sings well different of Matthew.

MICHAEL: When we made our as record, I asked for Lance to sing strong and aggressive more. I was tired of vocal clean and high tones. I want to say, we make music for we ourselves, and was clearly pra me, that ours third record would be powerful and aggressive.

ROCK HARD: You it will have to change the style to compose to incase itself to the style of the voice of Matthew?

MICHAEL: I find that not, therefore Matthew is a professional, being able to sing any sound and to give a personal touch. We do not want to seem the Iced Earth, and nobody wait that obtain. We are the Pyramaze and our new singer is Matthew Barlow, is this.

The next record to the Pyramaze will leave in the spring of 2008. Later, the band will make some shows in festivals. Before they will have that to find a new recorder, what it will not be problem, considering the new formation.
Vuige automuziek playlist: http://open.spotify.com/playlist/4Rsy2e ... TROREETjMA

Damien, son of Lucifer

Bericht door Damien, son of Lucifer » za apr 14, 2007 1:33 am

Sjezus, laat iemand 's wat doen aan dat Babelfish, dit is nauwelijks te lezen.

Maarre, als dit waar is, zou het te gaaf voor woorden zijn. Hoewel het de kans dat Matt de nieuwe IE-albums in gaat zingen natuurlijk geen sikkepit groter maakt. Anyway, ik zal dat Pyramaze 's gaan checken.
[b]DAUDR!![/b]

Metalheank

Bericht door Metalheank » za apr 14, 2007 1:35 am

Instrumentaal lijkt het echt ENORM op Iced Earth, dus dat zit helemaal snor!

Wel een beetje het Savage Circus-syndroom..

Dragonforce

Bericht door Dragonforce » za apr 14, 2007 12:38 pm

Metalheank schreef:Late 1april-grap of echt
Daar dacht ik ook direct aan. :D

Nu nog hopen dat ie toch weer bij IE terug komt.
It's the end of time

Eru Iluvatar

Bericht door Eru Iluvatar » za apr 14, 2007 1:19 pm

14.04.2007 - Matt Barlow joins Pyramaze

Statement from Michael Kammeyer:

I'm very happy to finally announce our new singer.
Matthew Barlow (former vocalist of the American metal band Iced Earth) will be taking over the job as Pyramaze vocalist. I've been in dialogue with Matt about his comeback for a few months now, and after we've been getting to know each other better and doing a few test demos where Matt has re-recorded a couple of our old songs, we've come to the conclusion that we are a perfect match. I've always regarded Matt as one of the very best voices in metal, and i was (as any other fan of his incredible voice) saddened by his departure from the metal scene a few years ago. Therefore I'm proud to say that Matt is back, stronger than ever, and from now on officially a part of the Pyramaze Fellowship. We are currently in a song-writing mode, and we expect to enter the studio early 2008 with Matt behind the mic. I hope and believe that old as well as new fans will welcome Matt into the Pyramaze line-up. I now leave you with these great news, and with Matt's statement below.

Cheers!
M. Kammeyer / Pyramaze

Statement from Matthew Barlow:

Brothers and sisters... The last time I made a statement to the metal community it was one of sorrow but certainly not one of regret. There are people, things and experiences - once not thought possible - that I have attained in the last several years. It's an extension of friends and family that has truly made my life whole, and one that I would not jeopardize for fame and glory.

That thought in mind, I was posed an interesting proposition by a true talent in heavy metal. Honestly, I had not heard a lot about Pyramaze, when I received an e-mail from Michael. After our initial correspondence I began to realize that this was a guy that really had his head in the right place - a musician who was in music for the music. Michael spoke to me of his band - a bunch of guys who want to put out solid music but would not sacrifice their souls to attain greatness. This is by no means a slam on I.E. or any of the great musicians I have worked with in the past. It simply means that the music industry can suck you in, chew you up, and spit you out if you don't keep firmly planted on the ground. Pyramaze are working class metal heads with something to prove! Metal is what they live for but it is not their livelihood.

Needless to say, I was instantly intrigued by Michael's delivery. Especially considering the nature of my career choice of late. I wondered if Michael had really thought the courting process through. I'm sure that there are some people that never really understood my reasons for leaving the industry and certainly don't like who or what i represent in my current vocation. There is also the fact that Pyramaze has been rather stereotyped as a prog-metal act and I as Satan / Paul Stanley. What kind of crazy mixed up world is this????

Well... The way I see it... I'm in a point in my life, where I love what I do for a living and for the first time, I can support myself and my family doing it. Now for the other great thing... That's how this band thinks. There is no expectation of co-signing (under the name Mephistopheles) in order to have your record sell. The record will sell if the music is great. The music will be great, because the guys doing it, want to do it... For all the right reasons. Pyramaze has proven that!

I sense hesitation... And rightly so... After all, there are a lot of I.E. fans out there that still just don't get it. I would imagine that there are also Pyramaze fans that love what Mr. King did for this band. Hell, I love what he did for this band! I think that the guy is a true talent and feel the same about Tim Owens (that's Ripper to you!). I also feel, that in the same way I.E. fans have taken Tim into the fold, I too can find a place within the Pyramaze family. I would venture to say that Pyramaze, already unique and uncompromising, will not be placed inside of a prog-metal box once the sparks start flying.

I am really looking forward to working with Michael and the guys!!! I also look forward to hearing feedback from the brethren and sisterhood of metal.

Up from the ashes, back from the depths, when the voices have risen, fire becomes flesh!

Barlow

Damien, son of Lucifer

Bericht door Damien, son of Lucifer » za apr 14, 2007 1:49 pm

Afbeelding

Kijk, dat doet me deugd; hij heeft alweer een plukje haar :P
[b]DAUDR!![/b]

Nevyn

Bericht door Nevyn » za apr 14, 2007 3:56 pm

ok pyramaze in de gaten houden dus :D!
(voorheen vond ik ze overigens weinig boeiend)

Djaser

Bericht door Djaser » za apr 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Apart!
[img]http://www.jamba.nl/storage/view/upload/logo/image_multianimscreensaver/SweetyHeul5.gif[/img]

Kriestof
Commander Kansloos
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kriestof » za apr 14, 2007 8:30 pm

drie jaar geleden besprak ik cd van Pyramaze en vergeleek de band ook nog met IE

http://www.metalfan.nl/reviews.php?id=1090
Cirkels sluiten. Vervellen. Genieten. That's Kriestof.

Metalheank

Bericht door Metalheank » zo apr 15, 2007 11:51 am

Ja, als dit bijvoorbeeld niet op Iced Earth lijkt:

http://media.heavymetal.dk/pyramaze/aud ... ourney.mp3

Wel pijnlijk voor Iced Earth, al die fans die bij een Pyramaze optreden om IE-covers gaan vragen :wink:

Jens

Bericht door Jens » zo apr 15, 2007 4:32 pm

Eerder vervelend voor Pyramaze, zij worden nu een veredelde IE-covergroep.

Metallist

Bericht door Metallist » ma apr 16, 2007 1:49 pm

Jens schreef:Eerder vervelend voor Pyramaze, zij worden nu een veredelde IE-covergroep.
Ja of niet, en gaan ze gewoon Pyramaze dingen spelen.
www.myspace.com/thenewdominion

Lennert
Lult over cdtjes
Contacteer:

Bericht door Lennert » ma apr 16, 2007 2:07 pm

Ik hekel in ieder geval alvast de mensen die op concerten om Iced Earth covers gaan schreeuwen.

Vraag is of de band dat zelf van plan is, ik ben op het moment eerder benieuwd naar non-Iced Earth materiaal met Barlow.
Strijdkreet schreef:Als ik lennert denk, denk ik Van damme hoofd.

Dus als ik Van damme op tv zie denk ik. "Stik, daar heb je lennert.... oh wacht...."

:' )
Voorts ben ik van mening dat het fenomeen influencer vernietigd moet worden.

Djaser

Bericht door Djaser » ma apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Ach nog 5 jaar en we hebben gewoonw weer Iced Earth met Barlow. 8-)

Joris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Joris » ma apr 16, 2007 3:01 pm

Laten we het hopen...

Pyramaze zou met Barlow wel erg gaaf kunnen worden. De nummers die ik gehoord heb klonken goed, maar ik knapte af op de zang. Wellicht dat het nu een heeeel stuk interessanter wordt.
Barlow blijft nog steeds mijn favoriete vocalist, nl.

Erg goede zet van Pyramaze. En dat door hem in eerste instantie gewoon een mailtje te sturen: "eej, zin om te komen zingen?" Hadden wij aan moeten denken, hehehe.

Rene

Bericht door Rene » ma apr 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Mensen die denken of hopen dat Barlow wel weer bij Iced Earth zal terugkeren, hebben de statements niet goed gelezen. Hij zit nu bij Pyramaze omdat hij dat goed kan combineren met een betaalde baan en dat kan bij Iced Earth niet.

Djaser

Bericht door Djaser » ma apr 16, 2007 5:37 pm

Rene schreef:Mensen die denken of hopen dat Barlow wel weer bij Iced Earth zal terugkeren, hebben de statements niet goed gelezen. Hij zit nu bij Pyramaze omdat hij dat goed kan combineren met een betaalde baan en dat kan bij Iced Earth niet.
Ja dus?
Toen Barlow weg ging had niemand gedacht dat hij ooit terug zou keren naar de metal scene en zie hier. Neem mij niet kwalijk dat ik geen enkele waarde aan dat soort woorden hecht.

Jens

Bericht door Jens » di apr 17, 2007 5:48 pm

Lennert schreef:Ik hekel in ieder geval alvast de mensen die op concerten om Iced Earth covers gaan schreeuwen..
Dat roepen ze over zichzelf heen door Barlow als zanger te nemen.

Lennert
Lult over cdtjes
Contacteer:

Bericht door Lennert » wo apr 18, 2007 3:20 pm

Betekent dat, dat Rainbow fans bij Black Sabbath rond 1980 om Rainbow covers riepen?

Dus als ik Van damme op tv zie denk ik. "Stik, daar heb je lennert.... oh wacht...."

Dragonforce

Bericht door Dragonforce » wo apr 18, 2007 3:44 pm

Lennert schreef:Betekent dat, dat Rainbow fans bij Black Sabbath rond 1980 om Rainbow covers riepen?
Black Sabbath had genoeg eigen nummers om te spelen. Pyramaze heeft echter nog weinig klassiekers afgeleverd, dus de vergelijking gaat niet helemaal op.

Als het album met Barlow op zang goed genoeg is zal de vraag om IE covers ook wel minder worden.
It's the end of time

Joris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Joris » vr apr 20, 2007 2:42 pm

van de iced earth site:
Tim Owens answers questions regarding the new releases, upcoming tour, and comments on Matthew Barlow's return to the metal scene.
IcedEarth.com checked in with Tim Owens this week to get a brief update on the current events taking place in the Iced Earth world…

IE.com: The forthcoming release, “Framing Armageddon,” is due for release in late August or early September which is before you tour to support, “Heaven and Hell” in the UK but not before the summer festivals (Sweden Rock, RockWave, Wacken Open Air). Will you be playing new material from “Framing Armageddon” at the festivals? If so, roughly how many songs will you perform from that record?

Tim: Well we haven't even talked about the songs yet, one step at a time. I would think that for the summer we will play the single but not sure if anything else off Framing Armageddon. I wouldn't think anything else! Gotta lot of tunes to chose from…with a back catalog as big as it is!

IE.com: Mixing for “Framing Armageddon” is scheduled for early May. The tracklist contains a whopping 18 songs. Do you have any personal favorites among them?

Tim: Man, I love em all…I love the track Framing Armageddon, It is heavy and I like the heavy stuff. But really they all sound great, a lot of light and shade on it, and that is what you want if you like IE.

IE.com: “Framing Armageddon” marks your second tour of studio duty with Jon Schaffer and Jim Morris. On your Iced Earth debut, “The Glorious Burden,” you arrived at Morrisound after the entire album had been written and actually recorded. What did you learn from your first studio experience with Jon and Jim that helped you prepare for the recording of the new material, knowing now that you will be the voice of Iced Earth for many years to come?

Tim: Well, It is a good time in the studio with them, we laugh a lot! The new stuff just sounds great, I love it, and it has been a good time doing it. I think we all know a little more what to expect on this CD.

IE.com: Former Iced Earth vocalist Matt Barlow announced this month his return to metal with the Danish band, "Pyramaze." Have you had an opportunity to meet or converse with Matt since you joined Iced Earth?

Tim: Man I think it's great, Matt is a great guy and a great singer - I'm glad he is back in the metal game. I met Matt years ago, I think around '97 at a JP show. I saw Matt and Jon standing somewhere by the merchandise booth so I talked with them and got them backstage to hang out after the show. I stayed in touch with Jon after that. But I would say Matt is a friend, I have nothing but kind words and respect for him.

IE.com: Any comments on your upcoming tour in support of “Heaven and Hell” this November in the UK? Given the relatively short history of the Dio-era “Black Sabbath” lineup, touring with them is a rare opportunity for any band which may never happen again.

Tim: This will be a blast, Ronnie is a great guy and with Wendy being the manager of Beyond Fear and knowing how they run their operation, this should be killer! My favorite Sabbath was with Ronnie at the helm, however I did love Sabbath with Ozzy as well, and Ian Gillian…But Ronnie is the man! Maybe I will get up and sing a little Neon Knights with them…hahahahah!

Stay tuned for more, "quick hits" from the Iced Earth world as the countdown to Armageddon continues! – IcedEarth.com

verschrikkelijk nietszeggend intervieuw dus !!
Maar het lijkt er in ieder geval op dat die nieuwe webmaster van de iced earth site wat meer zijn best gaat doen om het een en ander up to date te houden..........

Iron Maiden

Bericht door Iron Maiden » vr apr 20, 2007 6:32 pm

We weten dat Framing Armageddon een heavy nummer is en geen ballad... :P

Damien, son of Lucifer

Bericht door Damien, son of Lucifer » vr apr 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Rene schreef:Mensen die denken of hopen dat Barlow wel weer bij Iced Earth zal terugkeren, hebben de statements niet goed gelezen. Hij zit nu bij Pyramaze omdat hij dat goed kan combineren met een betaalde baan en dat kan bij Iced Earth niet.
Och, als je het zo bekijkt had-ie nog best bij Iced Earth kunnen zitten. Wat hebben Jon en z'n sessievrinden nou helemaal gedaan sinds Matt vertrok? 20 showtjes in de VS ofzo, plus het opnemen van het nieuwe album? Als de korpschef daar al over zou gaan zeiken dan zou-ie van mij een dikke vinger krijgen :P.
[b]DAUDR!![/b]

Took
Contacteer:

Bericht door Took » wo apr 25, 2007 7:09 pm

zo, de intro van de nieuwe versie van Prophecy is wel wat agressiever dan de originele! damn.
Hier gaan velen over zeuren, dat het te anders is. Maar het heeft wel wat, vind ik.

Ten Thousand Strong is overigens best ok. Ik heb wel vertrouwen in de nieuwe albums, als ik dat zo hoor.

Nu even de nieuwe versie van de Somethign Wicked trilogy luisteren.

Eru Iluvatar

Bericht door Eru Iluvatar » wo apr 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Wat is de duur van 'Ten Thousand Strong'? (Als ik voor het eerst sinds tijden een nieuw nummer van een band hoor mag die van mij altijd wel een beetje lang zijn.) Het is toch geen ballad of een semi-ballad mag ik hopen?

En hoe klinkt de Something Wicked-trilogy met Owens? Ik heb weleens live bootlegopnames van de drie nummers met Tim gehoord en dat klonk in ieder geval erg goed.

Took
Contacteer:

Bericht door Took » wo apr 25, 2007 7:28 pm

vier minuten. Nee, geen lang nummer.

Prophecy klinkt erg anders dan het origineel, de andere 2 zijn "normaler". Het is wel even wennen, want het klinkt wat minder vol, wat minder gepolijst.

Lennert
Lult over cdtjes
Contacteer:

Bericht door Lennert » do apr 26, 2007 9:34 am

Damn, nu maak je me ook benieuwd!

Iron Maiden

Bericht door Iron Maiden » do apr 26, 2007 9:57 am

Ja mij ook...The Pophecy was wel het mooiste nummer van de Something Wicked cd vind ik...

Gandalf

Bericht door Gandalf » vr apr 27, 2007 2:01 pm

Ik heb net de nieuwe versie van de something wicked trilogy geluisterd en was niet bijzonder onder de indruk en dan met name over de vocalen. Tim Owens kan zeker zingen, maar hij mist de nodige emotie in zijn stem, wat bij een band als iced earth zeker nodig is.
Dus ik dacht, laat ik ter vergelijking de originele versie nog een luisteren en GVD wat een enorm verschil zeg! Niet alleen de vocalen van Matt Barlow zijn oneindig veel beter dan die van Tim Owens (als je beide vergelijkt ontbeert Tim elke vorm van emotie in z'n stem), maar ook muzikaal klinkt het origineel werkelijk VEEL beter dan de de nieuwe versie. Wellicht komt dat deels ook door de matige productie van de nieuwe versie, maar bijvoorbeeld in the coming curse klinkt het gitaarwerk echt nergens naar vind ik.
Dus ik houd mijn hart vast voor de komende twee cd's van Iced Earth. Het zouden de hoogtepunten uit de carriere van Iced Earth moeten worden, maar op basis van deze mini cd vrees ik het ergste.
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/Siepje/?chartstyle=grayboxfive][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/grayboxfive/artists/5/Siepje.gif[/img][/url]

Gesloten