Roadburn 2009: Neurosis - Beyond the Pale

Hier kan je alles kwijt over concerten en festivals.
CTTS
Contacteer:

Roadburn 2009: Neurosis - Beyond the Pale

Bericht door CTTS » wo aug 06, 2008 7:18 pm

Roadburn Festival 2009
Neurosis is bringing their brilliant "Beyond The Pale" festival to Roadburn 2009.

The mission of Beyond the Pale is for us to honor the spirit and power of sound with people that we feel are kindred spirits. We want
to bring together a diverse group of people who push the envelope, are truly original, and have that unspeakable fire and inspiration flowing through their art. -Steve Von Till

In our 23 years of existence we have had very few experiences that felt as right as our initial performance at Roadburn in 2007. Roadburn is a unique experience in the often disappointing and disingenuous world of music, it is a festival organized and run by people with a true passion and dedication to sound. In the spirit of this commitment we are proud to announce that the day of April 25, 2009 at Roadburn will be a rekindling of 'Beyond The Pale. We will be performing as well as curating the entire days events. -Scott Kelly

Afbeelding

Roadburn is very pleased to invite our spiritual brethren from Neurosis to host a European version of their "Beyond The Pale" festival. We couldn't imagine anyone being more attuned to the atmosphere and energy of Roadburn than Neurosis, and offering them the opportunity to stage the first ever "Beyond The Pale" outside of the U.S. is our way of honoring their enormous contributions to underground music as well as their iconic style and sound.

On Saturday, April 25, Neurosis will have complete freedom to invite all the bands and set the lineups for each of the stages. Over the years, Neurosis has exhibited an amazing commitment and dedication to the art of underground music, something that we at Roadburn understand and appreciate completely. We are looking forward to the new ideas that they will bring to the festival, as we feel Neurosis are truly kindred spirits. We look forward to uniting at Roadburn 2009.

Afbeelding

Steve Von Till comments: "It is a great honor and privilege to have asked to host our own Beyond the Pale event at Roadburn 2009. Since playing Roadburn 2007, we could think of no better people to work with on this event than the organizers and promoters of Roadburn and the wonderful staff at the 013. Roadburn is a completely different experience than the traditional music festival. It is a small, intimate, extremely well organized festival, put together by people who love the bands, and thrive on creating a unique social vibe where the lines between artist, audience, and staff are often completely blurred."

"2009 also marks the 10th anniversary of our own label, Neurot Recordings. What an amazing way to mark our first decade as a label. I believe that Roadburn and Neurosis share a clarity of vision that will result in an amazing experience for us all."

Roadburn 2009 will run for three days from Thursday, April 23 to Saturday, April 25 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland. There will be an additional afterburner event on Sunday, April 26, 2009. Keep checking www.roadburn.com, www.myspace.com/roadburnfestival and www.neurosis.com for updates.

!!!

iscariah

Bericht door iscariah » wo aug 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Aanwezig! Dit wordt geniaal!

ForeverdarkWoods

Bericht door ForeverdarkWoods » wo aug 06, 2008 7:23 pm

Coint me in. :twisted:
Dark endless forest
As great as the eternal sky.

iscariah

Bericht door iscariah » wo aug 06, 2008 7:27 pm

ForeverdarkWoods schreef:Coint me in. :twisted:
:' )

RDV

Bericht door RDV » wo aug 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Aanwezig.

Draconian
Lult over cdtjes

Bericht door Draconian » wo aug 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Ik denk dat ik hier zo snel als de vvk ervan begint maar een kaartje ga halen, want de vorige keer baalde ik behoorlijk dat het zo snel was uitverkocht :?
We're particles in motion, we can't accept we've no control
Racing helpless through the aether, staring outward from the world

the true Thorko

Bericht door the true Thorko » wo aug 06, 2008 8:00 pm

iscariah schreef:[..]
:' )
hihi
I'm not sick... I'm evil!

Metalfans parttime geweten... en fulltime bemoeial.

CTTS
Contacteer:

Bericht door CTTS » do aug 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Draconian schreef:Ik denk dat ik hier zo snel als de vvk ervan begint maar een kaartje ga halen, want de vorige keer baalde ik behoorlijk dat het zo snel was uitverkocht :?
Lijkt me een strak plan.

RDV

Bericht door RDV » do aug 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Bekend waneer de voorverkoop begint?

CTTS
Contacteer:

Bericht door CTTS » do aug 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Nog niet.

RDV

Bericht door RDV » do aug 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Ok

iscariah

Bericht door iscariah » do aug 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Nu ...

Te laat! Uitverkocht!

RDV

Bericht door RDV » do aug 07, 2008 10:29 pm

iscariah schreef:Nu ...

Te laat! Uitverkocht!
Afbeelding

iscariah

Bericht door iscariah » do aug 07, 2008 10:32 pm

Heh. Ik kan 1 ding zeggen van wat ik te horen krijg op een ander forum waar ik post.

Op "Beyond the Pale" ... GODFLESH SHIRTS EVERYWHERE!

the true Thorko

Bericht door the true Thorko » do aug 07, 2008 10:35 pm

iscariah schreef:een ander forum waar ik post.
Sinds wanneer moeten wij jou delen?

Man-ho'!

iscariah

Bericht door iscariah » do aug 07, 2008 10:36 pm

the true Thorko schreef:[..]

Sinds wanneer moeten wij jou delen?

Man-ho'!
Jullie krijgen de restjes ...

:P

RDV

Bericht door RDV » do aug 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Welke bands kwamen op dat andere beyond the pale dan.

the true Thorko

Bericht door the true Thorko » do aug 07, 2008 10:38 pm

iscariah schreef:[..]
Jullie krijgen de restjes ...

:P
Dat verklaart veel...

:mrgreen:

iscariah

Bericht door iscariah » do aug 07, 2008 10:40 pm

RDV schreef:Welke bands kwamen op dat andere beyond the pale dan.
een van de vorige edities:
Tribes of Neurot, Neurosis, Scott Kelly, Steve Von Till, Jarboe, Low, Pleasure Forever, Savage Republic, Robert Rich, Stars of the Lid, Steel Pole BathTub, Phantom Limbs, House of Low Culture, Tarantula Hawk...

RDV

Bericht door RDV » do aug 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Mooi! heel mooi

kneuz

Bericht door kneuz » wo aug 20, 2008 10:54 pm

Neurosis op Roadburn 2009?
aanwezig!

is het mogelijk om alleen een kaartje te kopen voor de dag waarop zij spelen, in geval de rest van het festival mij niet aantrekt?
M A X I M U M V O L U M E Y I E L D S M A X I M U M R E S U L T S

Amibor

Bericht door Amibor » wo aug 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Hopen op A Storm Of Light, geweldige act.
een haiku is een
handig ding om lekker kort
nietszeggend te zijn

iscariah

Bericht door iscariah » wo aug 20, 2008 11:29 pm

Aangezien ze op Neurot zitten kunnen we vast al Grey Daturas verwachten. Fuck ja!

MMayo

Bericht door MMayo » do aug 21, 2008 7:42 am

Ach verdamme, nu hopelijk wel op tijd voor kaarten.

CTTS
Contacteer:

Bericht door CTTS » do aug 21, 2008 10:29 am

kneuz schreef:Neurosis op Roadburn 2009?
aanwezig!

is het mogelijk om alleen een kaartje te kopen voor de dag waarop zij spelen, in geval de rest van het festival mij niet aantrekt?
Vorig jaar had je alleen 2-daagse kaarten, jaar ervoor was het wel apart. Geen idee hoe dat dit jaar zit.

Sander
Contacteer:

Bericht door Sander » do aug 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Dit jaar maar op de dag van de voorverkoop een kaartje halen, baal er nogsteeds van dat ik er afgelopen keer niet bij was.

Hieronimus

Bericht door Hieronimus » za aug 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Ik hoor net van één van de organisatoren dat de prijs voor drie dagen net onder de honderd euro gaat liggen.
WAT?! Dan pas ik.
Front voor/der Matigheid
last.fm

CTTS
Contacteer:

Bericht door CTTS » za aug 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Vorig jaar was het 58 euro voor 2 dagen en betaalde je geloof ik 25 euro voor de donderdag. Opzich verschilt dat niet zo heel veel, al is het wel een hoop geld weer.
Maargoed, even de line up afwachten (en dan zal ik waarschijnlijk toch wel gaan :8) )

Marcel Hubregtse
Contacteer:

Bericht door Marcel Hubregtse » za aug 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Hieronimus schreef:Ik hoor net van één van de organisatoren dat de prijs voor drie dagen net onder de honderd euro gaat liggen.
WAT?! Dan pas ik.
Dat is maar 33,33 euro per dag. Dat is echt geen geld voor zo'n line-up als wat Roadburn elk jaar presenteert. Vergeet niet dat bijna geen van de bands goedkoop over te krijgen is aangezien de meeste niet door Europa aan het touren zijn op dat moment.

Btw vorig jaar was een driedaagse ticket (voor de vrijdag, zaterdag en zondag) ook net onder de 100 euro.
Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight.

Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.)
05 April 1963 - 15 December 1996

gloomy88

Bericht door gloomy88 » ma sep 01, 2008 8:07 pm

En zo duur zal het dan ook wel niet zijn. Het is iedere keer heel snel uitverkocht maar een andere reden daarvan is ook dat er veel buitenlanders op af komen.
Dus maar hopen dat ik ook optijd ben voor men kaartje
[img]http://media.nuclearblast.de/openx/www/images/fd395dc9a150325eaefd6903672007d5.gif[/img]

CTTS
Contacteer:

Bericht door CTTS » za sep 27, 2008 3:06 pm

St. Vitus ook op Roadburn kennelijk.
I just spoke to Ron Holzner who's handling the St.Vitus reunion at Roadburn 2009. It's gonna be the line-up with Wino -hell yeah!!!

Scott Reagers isn't coming over, I don't know what happend, but he won't be there -the initial talks were about a show with both singers, and I'm sorry that we couldn't pull that one off, but I'm stoked like hell that St.Vitus will play. Thanks to Wino!!!! He really helped us out big time, and I'm very thankfull to him!!!!

The official announcement will be made in a few weeks. I'm currently working on lots of bands for Roadburn 2009...
Walter

CTTS
Contacteer:

Bericht door CTTS » za sep 27, 2008 7:59 pm

BEYOND THE PALE - FIRST CONFIRMED BANDS

Neurosis & Roadburn are proud to announce the first confirmed bands for Beyond the Pale at Roadburn 2009.

The Young Gods, Akimbo, Guapo & U.S. Christmas, along with Neurosis, are among the first confirmed bands for the inaugural European versionof Neurosis’ acclaimed Beyond The Pale festival, set to be held atRoadburn 2009 on Saturday, April 25, the 013 venue, Tilburg, Holland.

THE YOUNG GODS
Go Beyond the Pale
'Neurosis' very first show on European soil was a small festival in Germany in1992. After a day or two of soaking in the foreign sights, sounds, andculture, we had the honor of supporting The Young Gods fromSwitzerland. We were young and still new to the methods of integratingkeyboards and samples into our own style of heavy music and that nightThe Young Gods taught us a lesson. Massive guitar riffs blasted fromthe PA yet there was no guitarist to be seen. Their sampler /keyboardist was a true sonic alchemist brewing insane psychedelic heavyriffs from banks of custom created textures.
Rarely had weexperienced technology used so organically in music. Those soundscombined with the essential hard hitting, solid backbone of a greatrock drummer and a charismatic vocalist blew our minds that night.'

'Over the years we have continued to admire The Young Gods’ music and theircontribution to original heavy music. One of my favorite daily ritualsduring our brutal touring schedule in the late '90s was hearing oursoundman Dave Clark test the local PA systems with The Young Gods,pushing the speakers to their limits. We are proud to have The YoungGods appearing with us this year for Beyond the Pale at Roadburn 2009.As our existence spirals out from the center, it is rewarding when somethings come full circle' --Steve Von Till.

AKIMBO

'Akimbo was one of those bands that we had missed over the years, but as timewent on their legend grew. When the time finally came that we couldexperience the power of these guys, all was right. When you see Akimboyou see a band that has been hardened from the road, a band that hasbeen focused on the sound and the sound alone, and a culmination ofexperience thrown at you on a lightning bolt' --Scott Kelly

GUAPO
Administer the Sonic Elixir
'Once in a great while, something unexpected and amazing arrives in the postoffice box. This happened several years back with a handmade wax-sealedpackage entitle 'Five Suns' by English outfit Guapo. Instantly a wallof gongs, distorted bass and screaming Fender Rhodes built up afrightening hypnotic and pulsating beat that somehow managed to evokeimages of Red or Lark's Tongue-era King Crimson without the pretense,almost as if it were thrust forth with the ferocity of a Jesus Lizardtype aggression. I was sold.'

'Their albums have only become more intriguing, delving deeper into a strangespace both claustrophobic and expansive, leaving most of their socalled 'prog' counterparts seeming to wander inertly with a lack ofemotion.
Guapo will absolutely bring a desired level of depth and complex harmonics to Beyond the Pale' --Steve Von Till

U.S. CHRISTMAS

'In all my days I have never had a band find me in the way that U.S.Christmas did. From deep in the mail pile of 2 months of submissionsfor combatmusicradio.com, I picked up this demo and put it on mystereo. Instantly the subtle dissonance and space began to crawl aroundme as 'Lazurus' began, USX is like no other. I was instantly intrigued,I had to know more about this mysterious band.
From deep in the Appalachians in North Carolina comes the sound of3 guitars, 2 Theremins, and a rhythm section straight from the centerof the earth. U.S Christmas will be the true revelation of Beyond thePale at Roadburn '09' --Scott Kelly

Roadburn 2009 will run for three days from Thursday, April 23 to Saturday, April 25 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland. There will be an additional Afterburner event on Sunday, April 26, 2009. More info about Roadburn, including confirmed bands for Beyond The Pale and the full festival will follow soon.

In other news, for those who didn't get to take part in the Roadburn festivals, and for those who did, but want to relive it, we finally have put up the on-demand audio stream of Neurosis live at Roadburn 2007

Please keep checking www.roadburn.com & www.neurosis.com for updates.

Ernst

Bericht door Ernst » za sep 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Ik heb via via vernomen dat Corrosion of Conformity ook op Roadburn zal spelen....en nu zelfs Saint Vitus!!! Tering, ik moet en zal daar dit jaar te vinden zijn. Meerdere dagen natuurlijk!

K.

Bericht door K. » za sep 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Ja, ik ga d'r ook heen. Stoer festival! Kon er dit jaar helaas niet bij zijn, maar ik hoop dat Church of Misery weer van de partij is. Geen idee of dat überhaupt tot de mogelijkheden behoort, maar het zou wél gaaf zijn.

number_17

Bericht door number_17 » za sep 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Vitus!
Aanwezig, dat moet gewoon, al moet ik er mijn hond voor laten afmaken!
[url=http://ashladan.be]Mijn E-zine[/url]
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/Thurisazz/]Last.fm[/url]

innuendo
Lult over cdtjes

Bericht door innuendo » za sep 27, 2008 11:42 pm

Gaaf! Ik wist niet dat die weer actief waren. Beetje jammer dat ze waarschijnlijk nooit van z'n lang zal ze leve Zweden aan gaan doen...
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Jeroen
That bastard from Metalfan.nl
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jeroen » za sep 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Hoe lang blijf je nog in Zweden dan?
"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!"

Tegen overmatig gebruik van breakdowns!

innuendo
Lult over cdtjes

Bericht door innuendo » za sep 27, 2008 11:52 pm

tot juli.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Marcel Hubregtse
Contacteer:

Bericht door Marcel Hubregtse » zo sep 28, 2008 1:52 pm

gloomy88 schreef:En zo duur zal het dan ook wel niet zijn. Het is iedere keer heel snel uitverkocht maar een andere reden daarvan is ook dat er veel buitenlanders op af komen.
Dus maar hopen dat ik ook optijd ben voor men kaartje

Ja, dat wordt nu al in de rij voor het GWK liggen. :lol:
Maar godverdomme ik ben er toe in staat om mijn beide benen en armen te verkopen voor een kaartje voor deze editie aangezien St. Vitus ook komt.
Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight.

Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.)
05 April 1963 - 15 December 1996

lemmymario
Contacteer:

Bericht door lemmymario » zo sep 28, 2008 11:52 pm

Hoorde vandaag inderdaad ook dat St. Vitus komt met beide zangers...Scott reagers rules!!!

Maar helaas valt Roadburn samne met Keep it True in Duitsland :(

------------------------------------

The line-up for this years instalment of Mario's Metal Meeting is completed!.
German metallers Courageous will open the festival on the 9th of November:

- VICIOUS RUMORS (USA)
- WOLF (Sweden)
- SHADOWKEEP (UK)
- ARCTIC FLAME (USA)
- COURAGEOUS (Germany)

Place & date of this happening:
The 9th of November at the 013 venue, Tilburg, The Netherlands.
Please check out the 013 website for more details.
Presale starts this saturday, the 13th of September!

www.mariosmetalmania.com
www.013.nl

http://www.myspace.com/viciousrumors
http://www.myspace.com/wolfheavymetal
http://www.myspace.com/shadowkeepuk
http://www.myspace.com/arcticfire
http://www.myspace.com/courageousmusic

Banners attached for webzines, etc...
Please spread the news!!

Greetings, cheers & hope to see/meet you all overthere!
Mario van Dooren

Ernst-Jan

Bericht door Ernst-Jan » ma sep 29, 2008 7:46 am

lemmymario schreef:Hoorde vandaag inderdaad ook dat St. Vitus komt met beide zangers...Scott reagers rules!!!

Maar helaas valt Roadburn samne met Keep it True in Duitsland :(

------------------------------------

The line-up for this years instalment of Mario's Metal Meeting is completed!.
German metallers Courageous will open the festival on the 9th of November:

- VICIOUS RUMORS (USA)
- WOLF (Sweden)
- SHADOWKEEP (UK)
- ARCTIC FLAME (USA)
- COURAGEOUS (Germany)

Place & date of this happening:
The 9th of November at the 013 venue, Tilburg, The Netherlands.
Please check out the 013 website for more details.
Presale starts this saturday, the 13th of September!

www.mariosmetalmania.com
www.013.nl

http://www.myspace.com/viciousrumors
http://www.myspace.com/wolfheavymetal
http://www.myspace.com/shadowkeepuk
http://www.myspace.com/arcticfire
http://www.myspace.com/courageousmusic

Banners attached for webzines, etc...
Please spread the news!!

Greetings, cheers & hope to see/meet you all overthere!
Mario van Dooren
En de reclame post je er gewoon even gratis bij? 8)
Trotse vader sinds 25/02/10.

Far over the Misty Mountains cold,
To dungeons deep and caverns old,
The pines were roaring on the heights,
The winds were moaning in the night,
The fire was red, it flaming spread,
The trees like torches blazed with light

RDV

Bericht door RDV » ma sep 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Gave bands erbij.
lekker gevarieerd

puist

Bericht door puist » ma okt 13, 2008 9:22 pm

K. schreef:Ja, ik ga d'r ook heen. Stoer festival! Kon er dit jaar helaas niet bij zijn, maar ik hoop dat Church of Misery weer van de partij is. Geen idee of dat überhaupt tot de mogelijkheden behoort, maar het zou wél gaaf zijn.
Ik hoor net dat ze weer van de partij zijn.
Voor mij nu de reden om te gaan.
Heavy Metal! Just my way
Heavy Metal! Just my devil

K.

Bericht door K. » ma okt 13, 2008 9:29 pm

puist schreef:[..]

Ik hoor net dat ze weer van de partij zijn.
Voor mij nu de reden om te gaan.
Meen je dat serieus, ja? Dat is wel héél erg gaaf! Nu is het helemaal zeker dat ik erbij ben. T.z.t. maar even een tentje opzetten voor het postkantoor, haha.

puist

Bericht door puist » ma okt 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Ik kreeg net een mail van de vriendin van de bassist.
Ze zei dat ze volgend jaar weer op Roadburn zullen spelen dus ik ga er maar vanuit dat het waar is.
Heavy Metal! Just my way
Heavy Metal! Just my devil

Orklord
Contacteer:

Bericht door Orklord » wo okt 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Legendary U.S. doom metal pioneers SAINT VITUS have been confirmed as the headliner for Friday's April 24 date at the 2009 Roadburn Festival. The 14th annual Roadburn Festival will take place April 23-26, 2009 and will be held at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Commented guitarist David Chandler: "We are extremely happy that were invited to Roadburn and we are excited to play. Those of you that saw us on the original reunion tour in 2003 are going to be extremely surprised at our setlist. We are pulling stuff out of the hat that we haven't played in a long long time. So I suggest that you all get up front and prepare for your DOOM!"

Formed in the late 1970s, SAINT VITUS was one of the very first doom metal bands and has released many classic albums over the ensuing decades. Although SAINT VITUS has been on hold for several years now, it be reforming with the classic "Born Too Late" lineup (Dave Chandler, Scott "Wino" Weinrich, Mark Adams, Armando Acosta) for its appearance at Roadburn.

Commented Wino: "We will be playing a lot of everybody’s favorite stuff. Also, my project band WINO will be playing as well, playing tracks from my solo record, 'Punctuated Equilibrium', and some surprises too!"

Wino's solo band is set for Roadburn 2009's additional Afterburner event, scheduled for Sunday, April 26, alongside SOLACE, DYSE and Bill Steer's FIREBIRD, among others.

In other news, it has been announced that UK doom legends CATHEDRAL will play the Friday Roadburn date. Also scheduled to appear on the Friday are both Scott Kelly and Steve Von Till from NEUROSIS, MONO (Japan), BOHREN UND DER CLUB OF GORE, NEGURA BUNGET, DRAGONTEARS, THE WINCHESTER CLUB, OMEGA MASSIF, COLOUR HAZE, and THE OUTSKIRTS OF INFINITY, among others. AMON DÜÜL II, one of the most influential bands in the canon of Kosmische Musik pioneers, has been confirmed for the Thurday Roadburn Festival date alongside MOTORPSYCHO.

Pre-sales will start on Saturday, December 13. Tickets for the main festival (including NEUROSIS' "Beyond The Pale" event at Roadburn 2009) will be priced from 99 euros with no campsite accommodation.

For more information, check www.roadburn.com.
Van Blabbermouth

kneuz

Bericht door kneuz » wo okt 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Please note: There will be no single day tickets available as we noticed that most people want to enjoy the whole Roadburn Festival experience instead of just going on either Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Tickets will be a little bit more expensive than last year due to increased costs associated with maintaining the quality of the Roadburn Festival. More info will follow very shortly Roadburn doesn't earn any money from the festival and every ticket needs to sell for the event to break even.
Van Roadburn.com

wat een onzin, ik denk dat veel mensen juist alleen voor Neurosis zouden willen gaan! Ik wel in ieder geval, maar nu gaat het dus kennelijk mooi niet door :-(
M A X I M U M V O L U M E Y I E L D S M A X I M U M R E S U L T S

RDV

Bericht door RDV » do okt 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Kut zooi.

Ernst

Bericht door Ernst » do okt 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Mooie zaak. Ik wil toch drie dagen gaan en St. Vitus op vrijdag en Neurosis op zaterdag zijn mij het geld al waard!

number_17

Bericht door number_17 » do okt 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Ik moet nog zien of ik kan gaan.
Zit dan net in het begin van mijn stage volgens mij.
[url=http://ashladan.be]Mijn E-zine[/url]
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/Thurisazz/]Last.fm[/url]

Plaats reactie