Ved Buens Ende

Jouw band, andere bands .. alles kun je hier kwijt
Plaats reactie
The Chosen

Ved Buens Ende

Bericht door The Chosen » wo apr 26, 2006 7:43 pm

Afbeelding

Een van mn favoriete bands uit Noorwegen.
Ik heb geen idee hoe je de muziek moet omschrijven (ben ik niet echt goed in :P) maar ik vind dat deze band wel een eigen topic verdient.

De omschrijving volgens Wikipedia:

Ved Buens Ende was a Norwegian avant-garde metal band. Their sound is diverse with quiet instrumental jazz influenced sections and aggressive black metal blast beats and vocals. Ved Buens Ende means "At the end of the rainbow" referring to the mythological rainbow Bifröst.

Ved Buens Ende was formed in Oslo in 1994 by the drummer Carl-Michael Eide. They were signed to the British label Misanthropy Records. The band was unique by their mixture of many musical elements and Eide's crooning.

The band split up in 1997, after releasing only one full-length album Written in Waters.

They are reincarnated in the form of the band "Virus" (formed by Carl-Michael Eide in 2000), with similar musical elements. Ved Buens Ende's bassist, Skoll, has unofficialy stated that "Ved Buens Ende is not dead", and that there are future plans for the band.

En die future plans zien nu eindelijk het licht:

Uit een nieuwsbrief aan een ZM'er

thought you should know that Ved Buens Ende are up and running again. The band consists of the following people: Carl-Michael “Czral” Eide – guitars / vocals, Yusaf “Vicotnik” Parvez – guitars / vocals, Petter “Plenum” Berntsen – bass and Einar “Esso” Sjursø on drums. We will record a new album this year, to be released in 2007 by an as of yet undetermined label (interested parties get in touch) and we also aim at playing live, where we will perform material both from “Written In Waters” and the Virus “Carheart” album plus of course new compositions. The new material is being developed at the moment and will differ from both “WiW” and Carheart yet still retain the trademark off the wall guitar sounds of those releases.

Discografie:
Those who caress the Pale (demo)
Afbeelding

Written in Waters (demo)
Afbeelding

Written in Waters (full length)
Afbeelding

Those who caress the Pale (EP)
Afbeelding

mp3's

http://musica.mustdie.ru/ru/band/ved_buens_ende/
Van de EP en de Full Length staan allebei een nummer hier.
(direct linken wou niet)

Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/vedbuensende
Laatst gewijzigd door The Chosen op za nov 11, 2006 1:24 pm, 5 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Hieronimus

Bericht door Hieronimus » wo apr 26, 2006 7:47 pm

Gaaf! Geniale muzikanten die superbe albums hebben geleverd. Avantgarde Metal juweeltjes. Dat nieuwe album gaat uitgecheckt worden en ze live zien is een must!
Front voor/der Matigheid
last.fm

Die_Eier_Von_Satan
Contacteer:

Bericht door Die_Eier_Von_Satan » wo apr 26, 2006 8:09 pm

Dat nummer wat je me gestuurd heb Paajmensch, is best gaaf!
Makin' movies, makin' songs, an' foightin' round the world!

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » wo apr 26, 2006 8:18 pm

Mp3's toegevoegd aan openings post.

the_dying

Bericht door the_dying » wo apr 26, 2006 8:24 pm

Pure wereldband! Ik dacht dat niemand ze nog kende.
http://addergebroed.wordpress.com - http//www.facebook.com/Hemelbestormer

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » wo apr 26, 2006 9:31 pm

*schopje*

goddethroned

Bericht door goddethroned » wo apr 26, 2006 9:48 pm

Klinkt goed,maar ik moet het een andere keer even wat beter beluisteren.
[i]In the shadow of the light from a black sun
Frigid statue standing icy blue and numb
Where are the frost giants I've begged for protection?
I'm freezing [/i]

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » za apr 29, 2006 7:16 pm

Schop omhoog voor Iscariah!

Parabellum

Bericht door Parabellum » za apr 29, 2006 11:12 pm

Ik heb alleen de Written in waters döppel LP, maar ik heb gehoord dat de demo eigenlijk hun beste materiaal is? Meningen hierover van mensen die zowel de demo als de full lenght hebben gehoord?

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » zo apr 30, 2006 2:02 am

Persoonlijk vind ik de full-length beter dan de demo. In de full-length zit naar mijn mening veel meer sfeer dan in de demo en ook minder black metal invloeden, wat bij deze band ten goede komt.

edit: als je die LP kwijt wilt stuur je maar een PM :wink:

Nihil
Contacteer:

Bericht door Nihil » zo apr 30, 2006 11:12 am

Damn, lang geleden dat ik die naam nog heb zien staan ergens. Zal nog eens door mijn collectie moeten neuzen. Inderdaad klasse.
voidwork.bandcamp.com
akemmanah.bandcamp.com

HellcommandeR

Bericht door HellcommandeR » zo apr 30, 2006 12:50 pm

Lange tijd geleden dat ik dit geluisterd heb, maar het is gruwelijk gave muziek! Binnenkort maar weer eens opsporen.

A.

Bericht door A. » zo apr 30, 2006 7:19 pm

waar kan ik aan cd's van die band komen eventueel nog lp's?

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » zo apr 30, 2006 7:20 pm

Reissue van WiW ligt bij displeased.
Voor de rest zul je op ebay moeten kijken en een goedgevulde portemonee nodig hebben.

Parabellum

Bericht door Parabellum » ma mei 01, 2006 3:29 am

The Chosen schreef:Reissue van WiW ligt bij displeased.
Voor de rest zul je op ebay moeten kijken en een goedgevulde portemonee nodig hebben.
Valt best mee hoor. Ik heb die LP drie jaar geleden op de metalmarket van Graspop gevonden voor €18. Het is wel afschuwelijk lila vinyl als ik me niet vergis.

NvE
Contacteer:

Bericht door NvE » ma mei 01, 2006 9:08 am

Parabellum schreef:Ik heb alleen de Written in waters döppel LP, maar ik heb gehoord dat de demo eigenlijk hun beste materiaal is? Meningen hierover van mensen die zowel de demo als de full lenght hebben gehoord?
Het eerste wat ik van vbe hoorde was de demo "Those who caress the pale..." en dat is echt nog altijd een van m'n favoriete releases. Het album heb ik at later ook aangeschaft, maar ik vond 'm iets minder. De zang klinkt wat anders en ook de zanglijnen zijn veranderd. Zo zijn er op de demo stukjes zang die ik echt geweldig vind, en diezelfde nummers op het album zijn gewoon (naar mijn mening) op een veel minder vette manier gedaan.
don't mistake lack of talent for genius

the_dying

Re: Ved Buens Ende

Bericht door the_dying » ma mei 01, 2006 12:47 pm

Afbeelding

Geweldige cover.
http://addergebroed.wordpress.com - http//www.facebook.com/Hemelbestormer

Zagato

Bericht door Zagato » ma mei 01, 2006 12:50 pm

Klinkt erg goed, ga ik zeker wat meer van beluisteren!
a fool with a tool is still a fool
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/FrCl/?chartstyle=asimpleblue5][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/asimpleblue5/recenttracks/FrCl.gif[/img][/url]

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » za nov 11, 2006 12:46 pm

Nieuws rondom deze band (alweer aardig oud, maar oke)

Van de myspace site:
We`re riding on a current. Back on track.

First of all, I`d like to thank you all for your support, and for your kind remarks on the rehersal-recordings of our new music.

As you may or may not know, I`ve been in different hospitals and rehabilitation-clinics for 18 months, until two months ago when I moved back home.
The injuries on my body was so severe. The kind of pain recovering from a fall from 5th floor makes you do your best to escape reality. It generates some clean thinking. I realised Ved Buens Ende is one of the most important aspects of my life.
I am now fully recovered from my accident. Through my convalescence, I decided that we had to reform our band. I suggested it to the other creative half of VBE, and we started writing songs right away.
Vicotnik and myself have realised that VBE is in the core of our creativity.
Together we exhumed our band.
We are back, in all the sense of the word. We reherse, we make music and we try to demonstrate that we`re present again.
Obviously I can`t play drums now. I`m paralysed in my ankles and feet (luckily not from the weist). So I focus solely on guitar these days. Its nice to finally have only one instrument to entertain. Rather than practising two instruments (drums/guitar), playing them equally shabby, I play one instrument better.
Einar Sjursø is with us now. Better known as Necrodevil. We call him EINARR!!!. He was the obvious choice for a drummer. He plays fluent and eccentric. Just the way we want it.
Initially, the lineup from my old band Virus; Einar, me and Plenum (bass), was gonna mutate into VBE (adding Vicotnik ofcourse). But circumstances forced Plenum to leave the band. He`s one of Norways best bassplayers (across all genres). We miss him... we wish him all the best for the future.
The lineup is now me;Czral-Michael (guitar/song), Vicotnic(guitar, voice), Einarr (drums). We`re probably using Bjørn Boge (infamous Norwegian rock-bassplayer) as a session-member on the album and live-performances in the future, but we dont know yet.
Our former bass-player, Hugh S. "Scoll" J. Mingay, is the boss of a motoguzzi motorcycle repair-shop these days. He simply hasnt got the time for Ved Buens Ende. Not nice, but unevetable. He loves his bikes more than anything. I think he has three or four of them.
If he wants to return, he`s welcome.

Thats it for now, I wont bore you with any more crap. I`ll update this blog when something happens.

Sennep er så godt at jeg nesten må dø!

cz

Van Czral Michael, ik ben iig erg benieuwd

Hub de Gallier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hub de Gallier » za nov 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Erg gave band ja...kan niet wachten totdat ze weer live gaan spelen.
www.hdgdistribution.com nu online!!!!

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » za nov 11, 2006 1:25 pm

Ik ook niet, ben nu net die live opnames aan het beluisteren en het klinkt toch wel gaaf live

*myspace toegevoegd aan openingspost

Hub de Gallier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hub de Gallier » za nov 11, 2006 3:51 pm

Enige wat ik mis in mijn collectie is de "Written in waters" demo...iemand die 'em kwijt wil of weet te liggen?

The Chosen

Bericht door The Chosen » wo mei 02, 2007 11:16 am

Rise and fall

Dear VBE freaks...

I`m afraid we have given false hope to you all.

Ved Buens Ende is no more. Its dead and buried for good.

After a while of rehersing and writing new material, it became apparent that Vikotnic and myself have grown apart, musically. Our styles have developed in different directions through the years passed since "written in waters". The songs we wrote together for what was to become the new album became mediochre, and the songs we made each on our own became just too different. It would have become a very schitzophrenic album if we`d continue, and none of us would have been happy with the outcome.

As most of you probably know, Vikotnics band DHG - Dødheimsgard is out with a new album. "Supervillain outcast" is getting the attention it deserves, and will be a great success. So thats were he`ll direct his focus from now on. Vikotnic will have his hands full for sure.

As for myself, I am finished writing the material for the next VIRUS album. It will contain much of the material meant for what was to become the next Ved Buens Ende record that I wrote.

VIRUS is very much in the same vein as VBE. The same style and genre, at least in regards to the experimental parts of what we did back in the "written in waters"-days. Its allmost like a continuation of VBE.

On VIRUS` debut album, "carheart", we fooled around with many different sorts of atmospheres. This time around it will become darker all the way through. And more fluent. The music kinda floats. A black flux. But we`ll for sure keep that absurd twist that became our trademark through our debut-album.

For those of you who know the "carheart" - album, one can compare the new stuff with the title track, "road", "hustler" and "be elevator". But ofcourse, it`ll be a new album, so...

The line up in Virus will be the same as on the debut. Plenum on bass, Einar Esso on drums, and myself on vocals and guitars.

We`ll start the recordings quite soon. I hope it`ll be finished early winter this year. Or late autumn. Maybe out in January `08. We`re signing a deal with Season Of Mist records.

We recorded a couple of songs (like a demo) in november last year, and we`ll post those songs as a "teaser" as soon as we have mixed them.

This VBE myspace-site will slowly mutate into being a VIRUS- site. It wont happen until we`re on a roll and the album release is approaching. In the meanwhile, you can check out our current site dedicated to the "carheart"-album on www.myspace.com/czral . There are a couple of songs from the album there, check it out! Anyway, the album is obtainable through Jester records, web only: http://www.jester-records.com/shop.php , or you can download it ofcourse, I`m down with that, I`m not Lars Ulrick.

I`ll update this blog as soon as something happens.

Next time boys, next time.

Czral-Michael

Hub de Gallier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hub de Gallier » wo mei 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Heb ondertussen de originele demo ook en dus alles compleet :)

Hagal
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hagal » wo mei 02, 2007 7:04 pm

gave band, jammerlijk nieuws
http://www.last.fm/user/DoranS/

Alwin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Alwin » wo mei 02, 2007 7:34 pm

y Ik heb hier een tijd terug eens een mp3 van binnen gekregen dankzij een liefhebber; "Den Saakaldte".

Best een lekker muziekje, zeker die relaxte bass.
Een beetje grimmige onderuithang muziek.
Ofzo.

Geen idee, te vaag om te omschrijven, maar het klinkt erg relaxt,

kneuz

Bericht door kneuz » vr mei 04, 2007 4:27 pm

erg triest nieuws inderdaad.. had gehoopt de kans te krijgen om ze eindelijk eens live te zien.
Arcturus en VBE, twee van m'n favoriete bands, binnen korte tijd beide gesplit... :'(
Hub de Gallier schreef:Heb ondertussen de originele demo ook en dus alles compleet :)
hoeveel heb je voor de boxed versie van Those Who Caress the Pale met poster neergeteld, als ik vragen mag?
M A X I M U M V O L U M E Y I E L D S M A X I M U M R E S U L T S

blackstar666

Bericht door blackstar666 » ma mei 14, 2007 11:16 am

ik 2 euro, tijdje geleden, in prima staat ook nog ;)

kneuz

Bericht door kneuz » di mei 15, 2007 5:23 pm

dan vindt je het hopelijk niet erg als ik 'm van je overkoop voor een tientje? :lol:
M A X I M U M V O L U M E Y I E L D S M A X I M U M R E S U L T S

Hub de Gallier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hub de Gallier » di mei 15, 2007 5:31 pm

kneuz schreef:erg triest nieuws inderdaad.. had gehoopt de kans te krijgen om ze eindelijk eens live te zien.
Arcturus en VBE, twee van m'n favoriete bands, binnen korte tijd beide gesplit... :'(

[..]

hoeveel heb je voor de boxed versie van Those Who Caress the Pale met poster neergeteld, als ik vragen mag?
Die box-CD versie heb ik destijds gekocht toen 'ie uitkwam jaren terug en dsetijds was het rond de 20/25 gulden...niet zo heel duur. De originele tape versie heb ik via een Noorse vriend en daar heb ik 25 euro voor betaald, ook niet te duur dus.

Hub de Gallier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hub de Gallier » di mei 15, 2007 5:31 pm

kneuz schreef:erg triest nieuws inderdaad.. had gehoopt de kans te krijgen om ze eindelijk eens live te zien.

[..]

Die box-CD versie heb ik destijds gekocht toen 'ie uitkwam jaren terug en dsetijds was het rond de 20/25 gulden...niet zo heel duur. De originele tape versie heb ik via een Noorse vriend en daar heb ik 25 euro voor betaald, ook niet te duur dus.

Plaats reactie