Wintersun

Jouw band, andere bands .. alles kun je hier kwijt
Plaats reactie
Bleek No. 1

Wintersun

Bericht door Bleek No. 1 » do nov 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Wintersun is een Finse melodieuze deathmetalband van Jari Mäenpää. Deze begon de band in 1996. Hij nam in z'n eentje het album 'Wintersun' op, nadat Mäenpää, Kai "the grinder" Hahto had gevraagd de drums voor zijn rekening te nemen. In 2004 kwam het eerste album uit, getiteld 'Wintersun'.

Afbeelding

En nu dus eindlijk nieuws wat betreft het tweede album! [vandaar de reden van het openen van hun eigen topic]

Van wintermadness.net:
Hi everyone! It´s been a while.

I´ve been working very hard with the synths&orchestrations and I can finally say that I´m feeling very positive about finishing this long and gruesome task by christmas. So hopefully around the end of December I can finally start mixing the album. I still have a few vocal parts unfinished, but I will be singing them meanwhile I´m mixing.

The only problem about the mixing is that my current computer gear simply cannot handle these insanely huge projects. And the other problem is that I have no money for new gear. So we have discussed about this problem with our label&management and they have agreed to help us with an advance to buy new and more powerful computer gear, but only if we agree to play a few shows and show people that Wintersun is still alive. So after carefully weighting all the different possibilies, we think we need to play these shows to help the completion of the album.

The shows will be for now:

Metalfest (3 shows)
Metalcamp (1 show)

There´s lot of work and preparation to do for these shows, ´cause we have to update our live gear as well, sort out technical difficulties and of course rehearse the songs. This will most likely affect negatively with the mixing schedule, so I can´t give any predictions with that yet. I also need to try out the new computer gear first and see how it handles these projects. The software is still not 64-bit, so the "infamous 4GB RAM limit" might also be a problem with the mixing, since these projects already eat about 3GB without any plugins. But I will do my best to overcome this challenge the fastest way I can.

And no worries, these shows will definitely not be cancelled. So we are looking forward to you guys, see you at the gigs! Who knows, we might even play a one new riff... I mean a song! ;)

Jari, Kai, Teemu & Jukkis
Hakkaa päälle pohjan poika!

kriegsnebel

Re: Wintersun

Bericht door kriegsnebel » vr nov 26, 2010 10:44 am

Mag wel is tijd worden!
Eerste album is gaaf!
Bier en metal

Flip

Bericht door Flip » vr nov 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Ja inderdaad, ik ben benieuwd naar dat 2e schijfje.
[img]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/weekly/5x2/redgothic.jpeg[/img]

Tox

Bericht door Tox » vr jul 27, 2012 11:01 pm

12 oktober is het dan EINDELIJK zo ver.

"Time I" gaat het album heten, en zoals je met zo'n naam wel zal vermoeden: er komt nog een deel 2 omdat men de boel niet op 1 schijf wilde/kon zetten. 2 x 40 minuten worden het.

Het is blijkbaar al een paar weken bekend, maar ik zie het nu pas.
NOT MY FUCKING TEMPO

r1Co
Contacteer:

Bericht door r1Co » za jul 28, 2012 1:06 pm

jep! ben persoonlijk al aardig te spreken over 1 van de nieuwe nummers (the way of the fire), hopelijk geeft dat wat de kwaliteit aan voor de rest van het album, hier is een live versie (samengevoegd uit 2 live versies) met een niet al te best geluid, maar het is wel te luisteren:

Tox

Bericht door Tox » za okt 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Wie goed zoekt kan het album al luisteren.

De 19e komt ie echt uit.
NOT MY FUCKING TEMPO

Aradia

Bericht door Aradia » do okt 18, 2012 11:58 am

http://www.wintersun.fi/album-stream/

Voor wie het album willen luisteren.

Wat vinden jullie?

Vind 't op 't eerste gehoord weer goed klinken. Moet nog even wat meer luisterbeurten doen voordat ik goede mening kan geven.
"Toil without song is like a weary journey without an End."

http://www.last.fm/user/WandererSpirit

Plaats reactie